ANGELIQUE INTERNATIONAL: BUILDING A LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT ECOSYSTEM
Established in year 1996, Angelique International Limited has grown into a giant EPC company with turnover now nearing US$ 250 million, undertaking turnkey projects in power, water, irrigation and agriculture sectors as well as industrial projects in international markets of Africa, Middle East, South and South East Asia. With 500+ technical manpower, more than 20 international offices and in house design, engineering capability the company is ready to meet challenges of developing economies of the world.
The mandate was to build the leadership pipeline with the right people with right skills/information with the right motivation. For doing so, AIL carved ambitious plans for building a robust Learning & Development (L&D) ecosystem to enhance performance improvement and professional excellence with a focus on behavioral, managerial and leadership development.
To complement the talent development initiative Dale Carnegie Training India proposed a robust and end-to-end solution which comprised of a consulting intervention, psychometric assessments and training workshop delivery as per the development areas highlighted.
The 4 areas incorporated in the solution were:
- Action-Based Learning
- Collaborative Learning
- Step 1: To assess the behavioral competencies of all designated employees through a psychometric tool (ECHO by PerformanceSe).
- Step 2: A detailed face-to-face Debrief and Feedback Session was conducted to help participants understand personal development opportunities, targeted to improve Leadership effectiveness.
- Step 3: To define a group & individual “Learning Blue Print” (AS-IS versus SHOULD-BE) through aligning with desired competencies.
- Step 4: Face – to – Face Training Sessions: Customized engagement with outcomes aligned to meet business requirements.
- Step 5: Coaching & Reinforcement
The solution was executed through a mix of training sessions, simulations, on-call coaching, project delivery, success presentations based on application of concepts to real life challenges.
The following results were observed, post the DCTI intervention:
- Each identified high potential candidate had a clear understanding of the challenge areas and tools to be implemented to overcome them.
- The development paths created for candidates who were heads of the businesses in different geographical areas helped give them direction.
- A comprehensive L&D strategy to keep the learning continuous and ongoing was created and a report on the same was submitted to the client
- Since the final training solution incorporated best practices from the Dale Carnegie Course, Leadership Training for Managers and High Impact Presentations, it gave the participants a holistic and comprehensive package of tools and techniques aimed at effective leadership and management.